Saturday, February 12, 2022

New Project - Plans and Approach

     Today marks a new beginning, a project in the works. I need to find a spark in my creativity to tell the right story. The ideas are flowing left and right, but I have no idea what I'm going to pick. I was told that the best ideas come straight from the soul. "Tell what you know," my teacher says. I'm not sure if I'm ready to. I know the stories should be fiction and that students need to draw from personal experiences, but should I tell some experiences that are personal? Would people be ready to hear it?  Does it need to be complex or simple? Does it need dialogue? Should it be quiet? Should it be loud? I want to make an impact, but I'm not exactly sure what I need to include or disregard. 

Some of My Ideas:

Simple: 

Person 1 trying to communicate without realizing person 2 is Deaf, they feel as if person 2 is ignoring them, even though Person 2 is just shy. Then one day Person 1 trips and needs help and Person 2 looks up to help. Person 1 speaks and person 2 doesn't realize. person 1 thinks they are being ignored and gets upset but then taps person 2. A person holds up a 1 (as in hold on a minute) and grabs a piece of paper, writes "I'm Deaf". Instead of person 1 getting upset, they spell out "my name -----". They become friends. The end.


Complex:

Two people walk past each other in the halls like strangers, then it goes into a flashback. The story begins with 2 people are arguing and all that is heard is white noise yelling. We see arms flailing in the air. One runs away crying. We see the person who ran away calling a friend for help and they start to live with the friend. They do everything together. Eat, do homework, goof off, watch movies, and have fun hobbies (swimming, painting nails, cooking, hanging out with friends), it works out, but not for long. They start fighting after a while and then the person who once moved in moved out. They are both upset about fighting with each other and talk to friends about the grief they both have. Then they pass one another in the halls and the start begins again, kind of like a loop.


To begin the project, I'm looking for a partner who is open to sharing ideas and such from the class. I want to gather supplies, ie: lighting, costume, a camera, and more. Then we'll create dialogue if any. I know it's fiction, but I want to keep it as real-life-oriented as possible. Tonight I'm going to search amazon for lighting and stuff that is affordable to create the project visuals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR- Creative Critical Reflection

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjgZubUbFQA