Friday, March 18, 2022

Props and Location

  To shoot the opening I needed to get some supplies and props to have mise-en-scene. I'm using the alarm clock from my parent's room to get the ticking sound effects and create the thriller element. I also went to 5-below to purchase a phone stand/tripod to have a better film because it would keep the camera stable while shooting rather than film handheld.


     The location for shooting a scene is also important, you want the situation of the scene to agree with the background. You don't randomly place different characters in random settings, you wouldn't find a knight on a horse fighting for a king in a mall, you have to keep filming and the plot persistent. This is why I decided to film my project at the David Posnack Jewish Community Center (JCC). The JCC is sort of like the YMCA. It has a huge location to film because its an athletic center and it's also a school inside, so it would be a good setting to film a scene that required a school setting.

Some fun background information: I used to go to David Posnack for elementary school and it where my brothers both graduated from so I know the location very well. I also go for weekly meetings there, so I'm happy I get a wide variation of shooting locations on one site. I'm also excited to bring a personal place into the mix!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR- Creative Critical Reflection

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjgZubUbFQA