Monday, February 21, 2022

The Brainstorm

         Trying to come up with a theme and or genre is becoming difficult. We are trying to be coming up with some basic ideas for the project, so I thought I could work a little bit backward. I originally wanted it to be completely soundless, but Julieta thinks it could be a bad idea so I started looking for copyright-free music and thought that I could build off of that. I know I have to pick a genre to go with the music and the plot but I need some help with creativity. I found a couple playlists on Spotify, Sound Cloud, Youtube, and other sources.

Spotify:



        Spotify was founded in 2006. The songs on this playlist are called NCS (non-copyrighted singles) mainly EDM and really fast-paced. I'm pretty sure I've heard many of these songs on this game called Beat Saver. I'm not sure if that's what we want for our opening.  Spotify is more filled with music released by official artists such as Taylor Swift or The Weeknd, but I know there's also a very minuscule amount of independent artists on the app as well, but it is less known for the little names and more for using bigger names. 

        Some of the songs I considered using on this playlist are:

Arcade Dwellers by Chime and MDK

        I thought we could make an opening based on life being a game, similar to Ready Player One, but not exactly the same thing. We would be the players of our lives. We could show multiple hearts on the screen to symbolize different lives we could have. We could also make a nod to who is "really" controlling us/our lives. I was thinking we could make it a bit metaphoric.

Levitate by Neoni

        An idea I had would be we used this song to show a breakup and a girl's anger and outrage. It would contain her throwing paint to create something beautiful with her anger with quick cuts of the relationship that are of them fighting or having good times. A possible scenario of the middle and end coming first and then the start, which is also a thing in a lot of present-day films.

Anything by Toomuchpiano

        Toomuchpiano is a personal friend of mine and he has published music on Spotify
(go listen it's really good!), h
e's currently attending a high school for the arts nearby. his genre is typically jazz, but I'm wondering if he would want to write a song with me for this project, even if it's not his usual work. I know he's a person of the arts, music specifically. I've heard a couple of the songs he's made and they're really good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6mJ7Etb_pE&feature=emb_title

Sound Cloud:



        Sound cloud was created in 2007. It's a place where a lot of teenage rappers try to become something. I have had friends release music on this platform, and I have heard some of the mixes made and published on here. One of my personal favorites is the Bake a Cake remix, if you go to listen to it, keep in mind that the platform isn't used for official artists most of the time. I don't think this platform is a viable option for us, however, I think a couple of groups might benefit from it.


Youtube:


        Youtube was created in 2005, and after Google, is one of the most popular platforms. It's a social platform that can be used by anyone for anything, not just music. Most artists tend to use other social media if music-related. People watch more videos than listen to music using the platform. I'm not sure if this platform is a thing for us just because I wouldn't know how to transfer the song into the video we create because that would require taking a video, cutting the visual, and putting our own video or it would contain us recording the audio on a different device and going from there. I'm not sure if we should use this or not.


    



No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR- Creative Critical Reflection

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjgZubUbFQA