Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Lets Talk About The JCC

  

   The JCC or the Jewish Community Center is located in Davie, FL. The JCC is a huge part of the community providing education, child care, job opportunities, a gymnasium, and more. 


Why would I choose to film here?

This is an important piece of my past that contributed to who I am today. I went there for elementary school and both of my siblings graduated from there. When I was in elementary school, I had a brother of mine in high school, so I would literally be stuck there for hours. Having ADHD made me want to move around, doing anything to not sit there. This got me to basically explore the entire facility. There was a gym, racket ball court, basketball court, a pool, extra classrooms, a stage, vending machines, a little snack shop that sold coffee, and even just the regular school clubs. 


Growing up at the school helped me understand the campus better and it also gave me a place to hang out of just walk around or do whatever. The design of the campus is also ideal for filming the opening. I wanted to originally film at the school because of all the space and hallways that it has, but I realized that there would be no way to do so. School is basically locked after classes end and I can't pull my friends that I'm filming with out of class, so my option was to film somewhere else. This is why David Posnack JCC was the perfect answer. It contains tons of hallways, rooms, and it's even bigger so there are more locations to film. The layout gives us a better way to shoot more complex scenes because at the school we would have been filming in all the same places multiple times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR- Creative Critical Reflection

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjgZubUbFQA